What is it about Salmon that we love so much? Is it the beautiful color of the fish? Is it that its quick and easy to prepare? Or could it be because of all the yummy vitamins and nutrients we get from it. I don’t know your reason, but I just love the little fish and you are like me, well, you are in luck as it is salmon season! That’s right, it’s here. You can get all the fresh salmon you want. Salmon season began in April and runs straight through November. (So be sure to check your local grocery store and ask the fish monger, “Excuse me, but what day is your salmon delivered?”) Lol
FYI: Here are some of the vitamins and minerals we get from our up-stream swimming friends: Vitamins B3, B6 and B12; we’ve got Vitamin D and selenium. But don’t stop there! We’ve got Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Protein too!
Don’t overcook it nor feel intimidated when you see it in the store instead, feel encouraged and follow the recipe below. Thanks for stopping by!
Seared Salmon with Salad
4- 4 oz salmon filets
1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
1 tablespoon Blackening Seasoning
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tablespoons butter
Juice of ½ lemon
4 cherry tomatoes
1 peach, diced
2 cups (packed) Arugula
2 cups (packed) Mixed Greens
Your favorite vinaigrette (I used Lemon – Honey)
Method of Preparation
- Season the filets with the seasonings. Drizzle with EVOO and rub into filets. Set aside.
- Place a large pan on the stove and turn the burner to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle the pan with the olive oil and add the butter (when you are ready to put the fish in the pan).
- When the butter has melted add the salmon, skinned side a cook until easy to move and nice crisp has formed on the top of the fish.
- Place the entire pan into the oven and cook until desired temperature. The proper cooking temperature for fish is 145ºF. Please fish, cook and eat responsibility.
- Allow fish to sit while you prepare the salad.
- Place the lettuce and arugula in a large bowl and mix with a small amount of your favorite vinaigrette. Place a handful onto each plate.
- Add tomatoes and peach bites on the plate.
- Dot with drops of glaze around the salad and top with the salmon (crispy, non skin side up). Enjoy!